Included for free with this service
12-month / 12k-mile warranty
Free 50 point safety inspection
Our certified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM.
Fuel Pump Replacement Service
How much does a Fuel Pump Replacement cost?
On average, the cost for a Nissan Altima Fuel Pump Replacement is $202 with $107 for parts and $95 for labor. Prices may vary depending on your location.
|2002 Nissan AltimaV6-3.5L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$651.75||Shop/Dealer Price$783.76 - $1142.65|
|2007 Nissan AltimaL4-2.5L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$1064.69||Shop/Dealer Price$1289.68 - $1897.01|
|2006 Nissan AltimaV6-3.5L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$803.75||Shop/Dealer Price$982.04 - $1479.70|
|2001 Nissan AltimaL4-2.4L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$418.03||Shop/Dealer Price$492.97 - $669.44|
|2004 Nissan AltimaV6-3.5L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$803.75||Shop/Dealer Price$982.06 - $1479.75|
|2010 Nissan AltimaV6-3.5L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$926.95||Shop/Dealer Price$1137.41 - $1733.85|
|2009 Nissan AltimaL4-2.5L Hybrid||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$944.70||Shop/Dealer Price$1155.94 - $1752.96|
|2015 Nissan AltimaL4-2.5L||Service typeFuel Pump Replacement||Estimate$2009.69||Shop/Dealer Price$2467.88 - $3773.25|
Show example Nissan Altima Fuel Pump Replacement prices
What is the fuel pump and how does it work?
The fuel pump supplies pressurized gasoline to each of the fuel injectors in a car’s engine. The fuel pump is powered by a compact electric motor and is located in the vehicle’s gas tank. The pressure and output of the pump are controlled by a regulator. Filtration of the fuel occurs either in the fuel tank using a pickup screen or externally with a replaceable filter mounted in the fuel supply line.
When to consider replacing the fuel pump?
A high quality, OEM fuel pump can last indefinitely. However, as with any electro-mechanical component, a fuel pump will eventually degrade and fail. If it fails to produce adequate pressure or completely quits operating, it will need to be replaced. This failed condition can sometimes be preceded or accompanied by one or more of the following symptoms:
- Car won’t start or unexpectedly stalls and won’t re-start. A failed fuel pump may prevent a car from starting or stall it.
- Check engine light is on. Sometimes a fuel pump will fail slowly, and that means the fuel pressure and volume slowly degrades. The lack of fuel may result in the engine operating without enough fuel relative to the amount of air, causing the check engine light to appear.
- Whirring noise from fuel tank. As a fuel pump fails, you may notice a whirring or humming noise coming from the fuel tank area, toward the rear of the car. If the noise is from the fuel pump, failure of the pump is often imminent and you should replace the fuel pump at your earliest convenience.
How do mechanics replace the fuel pump?
- The fuel pump is tested to be sure it isn’t functioning.
- Should the fuel pump be faulty, it is removed from the tank through an access panel above the tank in the passenger compartment.
- When no access panel exists, fuel is first drained from the tank and then the fuel tank must be lowered from the vehicle to gain access to the pump.
- In all cases, fuel pump supply and return hoses, as well as EVAP system hoses, and electrical connections to the pump must be removed.
- Once the pump is out, any reusable brackets and pick up screens are attached to the new pump, then the new pump is installed.
- If the fuel system uses an in-line external filter, a filter is often replaced. All hoses and electrical connections are re-established.
- Fuel is added to the tank and the engine is run to test for leaks.
Is it safe to drive with a fuel pump problem?
Usually, it’s still safe to drive, but the pump may lead to an overheated engine and catalytic converter. Complete fuel pump failure can leave you stranded out on the road, but many times a car won’t start before initially driving.
However, if the fuel pump problem involves leaks of gasoline or vapors, it is unsafe to continue driving, and should immediately be checked by a qualified mechanic.
When replacing the fuel pump keep in mind:
- Prior to replacing, the mechanic will power the fuel pump directly to confirm that the issue is a failed pump versus a faulty power supply to the pump.
- Unless the fuel filter was replaced recently, whenever the fuel pump is replaced a new fuel filter should be installed.
- When failing earlier than expected, the power supply should be verified because a voltage drop in the fuel pump circuit can lead to overheating.
- Should the fuel tank be lowered during the repair, the fuel tank straps and fasteners should be checked for excessive corrosion and replaced as needed.
- The fuel in the gas tank cools and lubricates the fuel pump. After installation of a new fuel pump, it’s wise to keep the gas tank at least a quarter full to maximize the life of a new fuel pump.
Fast and easy service at your home or office
Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee
Recent articles & questions
Tuning Tuning chips are designed for diesel engines to boost both engine performance and fuel economy. However, they’re a mixed bag. Many drivers who’ve installed them have found that while they do increase performance, they don’t do a thing for...
In In order to prove ownership of a vehicle, there must be a title in the owner’s name. For vehicles that aren’t paid off, the lender will hold the title and provide a certificate for the owner to use. However,...
Rear right tire is seizing up
Hello. If the tire is seizing up it is typically from the brakes. The drum brakes on this car will cause this if they are worn out, or if one of the return springs are broken. It can also occur...
radio not working
The blower motor only working on high speed is a common symptom of a failing blower motor resistor (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/cooling-fan-resistor-replacement); but the fact the radio stopped working at the same time is unusual. It's possible that this could still be two...
I changed my wheelhub about three month’s ago due to humming sound and now when I drive over 50 and apply my brakes my tire bounc
You should jack up that wheel and wiggle the wheel to see if there is a loose bearing? If it is not loose then you most likely have a warped brake rotor on that side.
High Pressure Walbro Fuel Pump Replacement for Altima Maxima Pathfinder Sentra
Replacement for 1994-2001 Acura Integra 1.8L
Replacement for 2002-2006 Acura RSX 2.0L
Replacement for 1994-2002 Honda Accord
Replacement for 1991-2006 Honda Civic
Replacement for 1996 1993 Honda Civic del Sol
Replacement for 2002-2004 Honda CR-V 2.4L
Replacement for 1997-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0L
Replacement for 1997-2001 Honda Prelude 2.2L
Replacement for 2004-2008 Honda S2000 2.2L
Replacement for 2000-2003 Honda S2000 2.0L
Replacement for 1997-2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Replacement for 2003-2007 Infiniti FX35 3.5L
Replacement for 1997-2001 Jeep Cherokee 2.5L 4.0L
Replacement for 1997-1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Replacement for 1997-2004 Jeep Wrangler
Replacement for 1991-1995 Jeep Wrangler
Replacement for 1993-2000 Lexus GS300 3.0L
Replacement for 1992-2000 Lexus SC300 3.0L
Replacement for 1992-2000 Lexus SC400 4.0L
Replacement for 1994-2005 Mazda Miata 1.8L
Replacement for 1993-1997 Mazda MX-6 2.0L 2.5L
Replacement for 1995-1998 Mazda Protege 1.5L 1.8L
Replacement for 1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0L 5.0L
- Dremel sanders
- Jason of beverly hills owner
- Golden flame delivery
- Hack satellite radio
- Office depot desk
We're offline for a tune-up, we'll be up and running smoothly very soon.
In the meantime, here are some other options available:
Advance Auto Parts store
We appreciate your patience – on your next visit, use coupon code PS20 for 20% off your purchase.
We look forward to serving you,
The Advance Team
DWVO Fuel Pump Compatible with 04-06 Nissan Altima 2.5L/3.5L, 04-09 Nissan Quest 3.5L, 04-08 Nissan Maxima 3.5L
The tips for caring your fuel pump:
- Keep the habit of fueling to your car in time.
- Choose high quality car gasoline.
- Timely cleaning or replacement of gasoline filter.
Over 3000 hours product test:
- Product test is an important part of production process, our every model of electric fuel pump passed over 3000 hours product test before mass production.
- DWVO fuel pump will run perfectly in fuels for a long time.
How to replace a fuel pump assembly:
- Siphon or drain as much fuel as possible from the fuel tank. Disconnect the filler tube hose and the electrical connection to the pump.
- Support the fuel tank with a jack and a block of wood, remove any retaining straps or bolts holding the tank to the frame, lower the tank.
- Disconnect the fuel lines and remove the fuel pump from the tank.
- Install the new fuel pump, connect the fuel lines to the pump. Lift the fuel tank up and install the retaining strap. Reconnect the filler tube hose and the electrical connector.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable. Fill the tank with gas - usually a quarter of a tank full. Conduct a road test to confirm a successful replacement.
Altima fuel nissan pump replacement
- Aax splash 10
- Aw stands for
- Guitar chords doors
- Condition f upmc
- Rockford construction owner
- Oregon violence today
- Intel wafer capacity
- La hacks 2018
- Touch table lamps
- Wayfair outdoor bistro table
- Carbs in steak