Are you the type of person who counts down the days until your family’s annual camping trip? We’re right there with you! Our bucket list of camping sites to visit includes everything from the best places to camp in National Parks to these best glamping destinations.
There are a few things on our must-have packing list, including one of the best camping stoves to try out all of these easy camping recipes, and one of the best hammocks to enjoy our idyllic outdoor view. And don’t feel like you have to leave Fido behind. Check out our best tips and tricks for camping with dogs!
As we wait to hit the trails with some of the best camping gifts, we’re setting the scene at home by decking out our space with the cutest decorative camping signs. These nature-inspired camping-themed décor pieces come in all shapes and sizes and make the perfect additions to spruce up your cabin in the woods, lodge by the lake, or even apartment in the city. Scroll through our gallery to shop some of our favorites, including a list of the most important camp rules and a reminder that s’mores are in fact a food group.
Do you experience camping fun with every aspect of your trip?
Camping signs let people know they have arrived at your campsite and they also make a statement about you!
Would you want a permanent personalized carved wooden camping sign or a DIY temporary sign (we’ll show you how to make one)?
Here are some fun camping sign ideas to get your creative juices flowing to create the perfect campsite sign to fit your personality!
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Fun Camping Signs To Mark Your Campsite
When you are camping with friends, one of the most overlooked camping tips will help you find each other out in the wilderness!
Whether you camp in busy campgrounds or find a big piece of wilderness to call your own, camping signs gotta reflect your individuality!
Here are a few we love…
Carved wooden signs have a mark of craftsmanship you can’t find in other types of signs.
They are even more unique when they are personalized wooden camping signs like this Live To Camp sign with the campsite scene in the trees and mountains!
Live To Camp Personalized Wooden Camping Signs
It is unusual to find lighted camping signs, but these Glow In The Dark Camping Signs are an alternative to using campsite lights to illuminate your signs.
These camping symbols are found on real camp way-finding signs (I personally love the campfire symbol) and they are visible during the day as well as at night with a regular flashlight.
Glow In The Dark Camping Signs
How To Find Friends With DIY Camping Signs
On busy camp weekends, like the big summer holidays of Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, you can bet we opt for as much wilderness as possible … that means we’re going boondocking!
If you are not familiar with dispersed camping, check out our post. I mean, camping is all about escaping the city and its masses of inhabitants for a few days … right?
So here’s what we do…
How To Use Temporary DIY Camping Signs
- The general dispersed camping area is predetermined and agreed upon by the group (before leaving home, of course LOL).
- Everybody heads to the general area and the first group that arrives gets to pick “the spot”. (You know how dispersed camping spots are first come, first served.)
- Next, the first group to arrive has to “give directions” to the rest of the group so they can find the spot. This usually means you are hanging your DIY temporary camping signs (an easily identifiable art project on the back of a paper plate) to lead your friends to the camping destination.
- Have fun and camp!
Temporary DIY Camping Signs That Made Us Laugh
Most people use paper plates to create temporary camping signs … some are too funny not to share!
Some DIY camping signs need a little creativity!
Some DIY camping signs are constructed by MacGyver wanna be campers!
Some DIY camping signs make it really obvious that somebody forgot to pack the paper plates!
Some DIY camping signs are perfect just the way they are!
How To Make Temporary DIY Camping Signs
Active Time15 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 1 Paper plate
- 2 Bag twist ties
- Camping-themed stickers (optional)
- Colored markers or pencils
- Make two small holes (about 1/2 inch apart) at the top of the paper plate (you can use a pen, knife tip, sharp tree branch, screwdriver, camping multi-tool etc. to create the holes). Eventually you will feed the bag twist ties through these holes to fasten your DIY camping sign to a tree limb.
- Repeat step 1 on the bottom of the paper plate.
- Use colored markers, pencils or camping-themed stickers to decorate the back side of the paper plate. Get creative here to show your camping personality! Some Ideas: Camping symbols (like clipart of campfires, tents, camper trailers, roasting marshmallows, campsite scenes, camp equipment etc) are fun images to incorporate in your temporary DIY camping signs.
- Draw an arrow within the decoration on the plate to tell your friends which direction to turn when they see your camping sign. NOTE: Make sure you know where you will be hanging your DIY camping sign so you know which direction the arrow should be drawn on the plate.
- Feed the bag twist ties through the holes.
- Hang your camping sign using the bag twist ties to fasten the top and bottom of the paper plate to the limbs of a tree, bush or other stationary object. NOTE: Make sure your camping sign is visible from the road your friends will be traveling on by walking on the road toward your sign. If you are in a heavily wooded area, it is easy for your temporary camping sign to be obstructed by the trees.
- If you are interested in some fun permanent camping signs, check out some ideas on our blog post here https://www.campingforfoodies.com/camping-signs/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Camping Flags With Personality
Get more fun ideas (from patriotic to hilarious and sweet) for camping flags you can display at your campsite.
No time to look for recipes, create a menu and write a grocery list? No Problem! Get our 3-Day Dutch Oven Camp Menu Plan here!
If you need camping recipes and menu ideas, you can find them here at the Camping For Foodies Camping Recipes list.
Don’t miss a thing…sign up for Camping For Foodies email updates!
Your purchase of our products will help support World Vision ® Building a better world for children.
- Sacramento spca cats
- Verizon not honoring promotion
- Twig instagram
- Geojson raster
- Fastboot boot recovery img
Camping signs fun
.28 Fun Camping Signs - Wall Decor for Campers
You will also like:
- Gpu case bracket
- Decorative hooks nautical
- Zillow albuquerque
- Mosquitto client ubuntu
- Scratch mit edu join
- Asus laptop e14