Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Guide & Walkthrough
View guide index
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Guide & Walkthrough – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered is an FPS published by Activision and developed by Beenox Studios, available since March 31, 2020 on PS4, and since April 30, 2020 on PC and Xbox One. It is a remastered version of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 released in 2009. This title takes place 5 years after the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. This remastered version does not contain a multiplayer mode. Our Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Walkthrough will reveal the location of the 45 Intels hidden in the levels of the game. In addition, you will find in this Guide everything you need to know to unlock all the Achievements/Trophies.
Share it!TwitterFacebookGoogle +PinterestLinkedin
Mission 2: Team Player – 2 Intels
Modern Warfare 2 Remaster: Every Mission, Ranked From Worst To Best
Modern Warfare 2'ssingle-player campaign stands out as one of the series' best efforts. From beginning to end it is jam packed with one set piece after another while simultaneously managing to tell a compelling story. It may be a little ridiculous and off the rails, but it convincingly pulls the player into its high-stakes world, making them believe every minute of the wild ride.
Related: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered: 10 Changes They Made From The Original Release
To celebrate this grand adventure, the following list will rank every mission, from worst to best. Because it is simply a tutorial, the mission "S.S.D.D." will be left out of the running, though it deserves commendation for delivering the classic opening mission one comes to expect from the series.
17 Of Their Own Accord
For the most part, the missions in Washington D.C. feel unnecessary to the plot, only serving to show the devastation the invasion has wrecked upon the country.
Some interesting missions are involved, but "Of Their Own Accord" is a run of the mill shooting gallery, feeling ultimately forgetful and memorable for the cliffhanger ending before the EMP blast saves the player.
The first Brazil level feels too busy. On higher difficulties it is nearly impossible without consistent trial and error, being sure to remember who shot the player in the back.
Seeing Soap tackle the target off a building is fun, though.
15 Just Like Old Times
The stakes are high here in this final infiltration before the showdown with Shepherd.
The desert theme is a nice respite from the Eastern European locations prominently featured in the game, but there is nothing special about the mission otherwise.
14 Hornet's Nest
"Hornet's Nest" is a thrilling escape from a favela, dodging bullets while making one's way to a helicopter.
It does not add anything to the story however, only showing how Task Force 141 escaped their hairy situation.
Ramirez, under the direction of Sgt. Foley, shoots his way through suburban houses to rescue the HVI, or high value individual.
Related: 10 Things We Wish We Knew Before Playing Modern Warfare 2: Campaign Remastered
Unfortunately, he is dead at the scene, with the Russians having beaten them to it. Like the other US missions, the plot is inconsequential to the main conflict.
12 Team Player
The first real mission takes place in Afghanistan, and does a good job of fooling players into thinking they know what to expect from the game.
Only other Middle-Eastern location is featured, with the rest of the levels taking place elsewhere on the globe.
11 Whiskey Hotel
The last U.S. mission forces the player to race to a rooftop and let off flares to show the rest of the country they still have control over the capitol.
As the level closes, the soldiers talk about invading Moscow.
10 The Only Easy Day...Was Yesterday
The extensive use of the breach mechanic makes this level stand out.
It starts off stealthily but soon enough blows out as the Task Force makes their presence on the oil rig known through explosives. The other highlight is destroying the helicopter with the Stinger.
9 The Gulag
This one is non stop action and bombardment from start to finish, and it is not over once the crew saves Captain Price.
Related: 10 First-Person Shooters To Play If You Love Modern Warfare
They then run through the prison while the United States bombs it to kingdom come, finding an exit as the walls and ceiling crumble around them.
8 No Russian
This controversial mission is completely optional, but a key story moment which kicks off the international conflict. Some see it as tasteless, but one cannot deny the developer's attempt at doing something original.
The discomfort one feels with the attack on the airport is totally understandable. Mowing down innocent people while on an undercover mission isn't supposed to be fun.
7 Second Sun
Seeing the effects of the EMP blast elevates this mission above the other ones taking place in Washington D.C.
Seeing helicopters rain on the streets and walking through deadly silent areas which was just roaring with gunfire is haunting. The intro also helps put into perspective the scale of the conflict.
While the idea of protecting Burger Town is a funny meme, "Wolverines" stands out from the seventeen other levels by taking place largely in one area.
Instead of progressing from point A to point B, players instead head to different businesses in this area to fend off the Russian invaders.
Reaching the submarine at the end of "Contingency" is a hectic dash towards the sea.
Related: 10 Hidden Plotlines Everyone Missed In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
Players are aided by airstrikes they periodically call in for assistance, and seeing the destruction from the ground adds a sense of scale, further ramps up the intensity of this battle.
The last mission is a thrilling boat chase followed by a fist fight and the greatest knife throw in video game history.
The only minus against it is the disappointing cliffhanger with little resolution. At least these days one can jump straight into Modern Warfare 3 and not have to wait two years.
3 Loose Ends
Defending the data upload while soldiers storm Makarov's safe house is a blood pumping section.
Players can set up mines to stop the forces, but a bunch usually end up breaching the house anyway, leading to some hectic close encounters.
Stealth missions in first-person shooters are risky, but "Cliffhanger" executes it well.
Using the blizzard as cover and detecting enemies with a Heartbeat Sensor is exhilarating as the player crouches past right behind their backs. As if that wasn't enough, it ends with a wild snowmobile chase.
1 Enemy Of My Enemy
What elevates this level above the others is having to escape this plane boneyard while two warring factions duke it out with each other.
The plot also reaches a critical point as Soap and Price realize Shepherd's betrayal. Fortunately, Nikolai comes in and rescues the two just in the nick of time.
Next: 5 Ways Modern Warfare 2's Campaign Holds Up (And 5 Things That Have Aged Poorly)
Pokemon: Secrets of the Jungle offered some details on Ash's dad, but it leads to more questions than answers.
Read NextAbout The Author
How Long Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign Is & How Many Missions There Are
Following years of rumors and speculation, the remaster of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2’s campaign is finally out on PS4. It may not have the multiplayer part of the game, which was so popular when it launched 11 years ago, but the campaign is still one of the series’ best. In case you needed a reminder of how long it is, here’s everything you need to know about how long the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered campaign is and how many missions there are.
The campaign is exactly the same as it was in the original game. The missions are the same and in the same order, with even the controversial No Russian mission being included. The only changes that have been made are graphical, with it looking a lot better throughout than you might remember.
How Long Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign Is
Therefore, the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign is the same length to complete. You can expect it to take between six and eight hours to beat on Regular difficulty.
Of course, if you play on a harder difficulty, such as Veteran, or search for all the intel collectibles, you’ll take more time to beat it.
A normal playthrough will be around that mark though, as most Call of Duty campaigns are.
How Many Missions There Are
Modern Warfare 2 Remastered’s campaign is split into three acts and an epilogue, made up of 19 missions in total. You can go back to the mission select screen at any time from the main menu to replay missions you’ve started before. The full list of missions is:
- Mission 1 – S.S.D.D
- Mission 2 – Team Player
- Mission 3 – Cliffhanger
- Mission 4 – No Russian
- Mission 5 – Takedown
- Mission 6 – Wolverines!
- Mission 7 – The Hornet’s Nest
- Mission 8 – Exodus
- Mission 9 – The Only Easy Day…Was Yesterday
- Mission 10 – The Gulag
- Mission 11 – Of Their Own Accord
- Mission 12 – Contingency
- Mission 13 – Second Sun
- Mission 14 – Whiskey Hotel
- Mission 15 – Loose Ends
- Mission 16 – The Enemy Of My Enemy
- Mission 17 – Just Like Old Times
- Mission 18 – Endgame
- Mission 19 – Museum
That’s everything you need to know about how long the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered campaign is and how many missions there are. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
MW2 Campaign Remastered: Missions List, Bonus And Cancelled Levels
MW2 Campaign Remastered features 17 main missions, with a "tutorial mission" to begin the game and a bonus level called "Museum".
Here's the complete list of missions in MW2.
See what’s planned for COD 2020 by watching below!
MW2 Campaign Remastered Missions List
- S.S.D.D. - Help train the ANA soldiers.
- Team Player - Assault an Afghan town after the bridge is destroyed by OpFor soldiers.
- Cliffhanger - Infiltrate a Russian mountain base with Capt. MacTavish and recover a downed ACS module.
- No Russian - Assault a Russian airport with Vladimir Makarov while undercover. (This level can be skipped if the player is offended by its content).
- Takedown - Engage in a running firefight throughout Rio de Janeiro's Favela to capture an arms dealer named Alejandro Rojas.
Read More: MW2 Campaign Remastered: All Trophies For Modern Warfare 2's Campaign
- Wolverines! - Locate and protect codename Raptor during the beginning of the Russian invasion of America.
- The Hornet's Nest - Fight through the Brazilian Militia defences and escape the favela.
- Exodus - Crush Russian forces in the suburbs and retrieve the HVI from the panic room.
- The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday - Infiltrate an oil-rig, rescue hostages, and clear the way to the Gulag.
- The Gulag - Assault a Russian Gulag and rescue Prisoner #6-2-7.
- Of Their Own Accord - Assault Russian positions at the Department of Commerce, and protect the evacuation site at the Washington Monument.
Read More: MW2 Campaign Remastered: All Achievements For Modern Warfare 2's Campaign
- Contingency - Evade enemy patrols, crush Russian defences at the sub-base, and help Cpt. Price secure a nuclear submarine.
- Second Sun - Dodge falling debris, and push through remaining Russian forces to Whiskey Hotel.
- Whiskey Hotel - Assault the White House, clear out Russian forces, and get to the roof to wave off friendly fighter bombers.
- Loose Ends - Search for Makarov at his safehouse on the Georgian/Russian border, and capture Makarov's Operations Playbook.
- The Enemy of My Enemy - Make your way through the bone-yard as General Shepherd's men and Makarov's men fight each other and get to the extraction point.
- Just Like Old Times - Search the Afghan cave network for Shepherd.
- Endgame - Chase Shepherd, using a boat, make your way down rivers and through caves with Price to kill Shepherd.
Read More: MW2 Campaign Remastered: How To Unlock The Museum In The Campaign Mode
- Museum - See dioramas of most levels, locations, and events in the storyline in a museum. Every weapon featured in-game is also found here, and the player is able to pick up any of them. An Ammo Box Package is available in the two rooms the weapons are found in. A red bell is found in the two rooms featuring characters. The bell reads "Do Not Press", and if the player disobeys, all the characters featured in the dioramas in the individual rooms come to action, and they all try to kill the player. A third room features vehicles used, but are not animated like the characters in the other two rooms. There also are several exclusive weapons, the M1911, and W1200, all of which are usable and exclusive to the level. Unlocked after the completion of the campaign.
- International Space Station - Found in MW2's game code.
- Roadkill - Found in the Hardened/Prestige Edition art-book of MW2.
Missions mw2 remastered
Category: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Single-Player Levels
From Modern Warfare 2 Wiki
A category containing all of the Single Player levels in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Remastered
- Mission 1 - S.S.D.D
- Mission 2 - Team Player
- Mission 3 - Cliffhanger
- Mission 4 - No Russian
- Mission 5 - Takedown
- Mission 6 - Wolverines!
- Mission 7 - The Hornet's Nest
- Mission 8 - Exodus
- Mission 9 - The Only Easy Day...Was Yesterday
- Mission 10 - The Gulag
- Mission 11 - Of Their Own Accord
- Mission 12 - Contingency
- Mission 13 - Second Sun
- Mission 14 - Whiskey Hotel
- Mission 15 - Loose Ends
- Mission 16 - The Enemy Of My Enemy
- Mission 17 - Just Like Old Times
- Mission 18 - Endgame
- Charles sims paintings
- Garage shoe organizer
- Always rap monster
- Rubber sheet 3mm
- Gogeta goku ssj4
- Cutting edge crossword clue
- Eyedoc vision services
- Bmo harris near me atm
- Beatbox 2 tiktok