William R. Biviano
Practice limited to Matrimonial and Family Law. Seminar Presenter American Bar Association Family Law Section, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, AAML Ohio Symposium; Ohio State Bar Association. Certified Arbitrator AAML.
Capital University Law School
Awards & Accolades
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2003-Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008-Present
- Top 100 Lawyers in State of Ohio, 2012
- Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Inaugural Class
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Governing Council, Past Region III Representative for 2 Terms
- Sponsorship & Fundraising Committee, Past Chair
- Law Practice Management/Technology Committee
- Long Range Planning Committee
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Sustaining Member
- Trumbull County Bar Association, Past President
- Family Law Committee, Past Multi-Year Chair
- The Ohio Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Past Secretary
- Past Treasurer
- International Academy of Family Lawyers, Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Foundation, Fellow, Certified Arbitrator
Paralegal sues lawyer from Warren
By RENEE FOX
WARREN — A paralegal is a suing the Warren matrimonial attorney she once worked for, accusing him of creating a sexually-charged work environment and forcing her to quit.
Warren attorney William Biviano declined to comment on the case on the advice of his attorney.
The suit filed this week in Trumbull County Common Pleas Court by Desiree A. Hamilton of Niles, through Youngstown attorneys Ira Mirkin and Jeffrey Geisinger, requests a jury trial and more than $25,000 from Biviano and his Main Avenue Southwest law firm, according to the court documents.
Hamilton was a paralegal at the Biviano Law Firm from March 2016 until Feb. 14, according to the suit.
The complaint states Hamilton was subjected to “crude, offensive, extreme and outrageous comments and conduct of a sexual nature.”
Hamilton and other women employed at the firm were “frequently exposed to defendant Biviano’s sex toys that he kept in his office and briefcase,” the suit states. And, the attorney made “demeaning and inappropriate comments of a sexual nature about and toward female attorneys with whom he was professionally engaged,” the complaint states.
In October 2018, Hamilton alleges a recording of dictation she was transcribing for Biviano included the sounds of sex acts in the background.
And, in November, when Hamilton was
setting up Biviano’s laptop for him in a Trumbull County Family Court courtroom, after she put his password in, a pornographic video began playing “with full sound,” the suit states.
“Horrified, (Hamilton) immediately shut the laptop” and then slid it over to the attorney, who opened it himself and couldn’t get the video to stop playing, becoming “agitated” because he was speaking with the court’s assignment officer about hearings for the day, the suit states.
The suit quotes text messages the plaintiff states were between the two.
One Hamilton claims was sent by Biviano to her on Jan. 7 describes three sex acts he wanted to do, followed by a text stating, “‘Ignore this. It was all a joke and I apologize!'” according to the suit.
“‘Can’t ignore it! So highly offended and totally disgusted that I am shaking…'” she replied, according to the complaint.
The exchange continues and Biviano states, “‘It was not meant to be reality and there is a running joke. Sorry for the imposition.'” And she replies, “‘Stop trying to lawyer me! It’s not going to work!'” according to the complaint.
“‘But I am a lawyer and the mistake happened which was not right but it did and I regret it.'”
The interactions made Hamilton so uncomfortable she resigned, causing mental and emotional anguish, in addition to the loss of income and benefits, the court documents state.
The case was assigned to Judge Ronald J. Rice. No hearings have been scheduled.
Today's breaking news and more in your inbox
the legal search engine
Firm biviano law
.5 TIPS MENDIRIKAN LAWFIRM - #JURUS JITU - PAHRUR ROJI DALIMUNTHE
You will also like:
- Building a surf rod
- New vegas companions
- Delete jiosaavn account
- Fun templates for google slides
- Plastic pallet bin
- 1755 palm st