Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Angry Birds is an entertainment franchise based on the 2010 smartphone game of the same name. The game takes place on an island inhabited by flightless birds who must protect their eggs from mysterious green pigs.
The cast of characters include Red, featured in this tutorial; Chuck, a speedy yellow bird; Bomb, who explodes as his name suggests; the large red bird, Terence; and three small, blue birds named Jim, Jake, and Jay.
The series has enjoyed immense popularity. For example, by July 2015, the game's versions had collectively been downloaded over three billion times - making it the most downloaded free game to date. Nearly twenty different versions and spin-offs of the game have been released. These often overlap other popular franchises, such as the 2011 film Rio and the Star Wars series.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In 2016, the birds starred in their first feature film, The Angry Birds Movie. A cartoon series, toys, clothing, children's books, and even a line of soft drinks featuring the Angry Birds are available. Theme parks in China and Finland feature Angry Birds attractions.
Would you like to draw Red from the Angry Birds? Doing so is easier than ever with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing guide. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also with to use crayons, colored pencils, or markers to shade your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Hawk, Phoenix, and Pig.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Angry Birds
1. Begin by drawing a large circle to form the bird's head and body.
2. Draw an irregular, diagonally slanted rectangle in the middle of the face. This forms one of the bird's angry eyebrows.
3. Enclose a second slanted rectangle, angled on the opposite diagonal. This forms the second eyebrow.
4. Draw two circles overlapping the slanted rectangles. These form the bird's eyes.
5. Erase the guide lines from the eyebrows.
6. Using two curved lines, enclose a roughly triangular shape overlapping the eyes. The lines should meet in points on each side, but the top of the "triangle" should be rounded. This forms the upper portion of the bird's beak. Use two straight lines to enclose an inverted triangle beneath this shape, forming the beak's lower half.
7. Erase guide lines from the beak.
8. Using long, "U" shaped lines, enclose two curved shapes at the top of the head. These form a feathery tuft. Draw a pupil within each eye using a small circle.
9. Draw the bird's tail. Extend two straight lines from the back of the bird at opposite diagonal angles. Draw a shorter straight line at the top of each. Then, draw two "V" shaped lines, with longer sides parallel. Connect these lines using a short, straight line. The completed tail should resemble the outline of an arrow.
10. Color Red, the angry bird. As his name suggests, he is red in color, with an orange beak and pink belly.
Where are those naughty pigs that the angry birds are out to get? Find them using our pig drawing tutorial. If your angry birds need a little backup, check out our selection of bird drawing guides, including the hawk, a tiny chick,lovebirds, and much more.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).
This lesson, let’s draw two characters from Angry Birds – the extremely popular game, one that’s made to be played on a variety of hand-held devices – those like iPhone, Android, and iPad.
And yes – we’ll focus in on one character from each side.
From the Bird’s side, it’ll be "The Red Bird" – known for it’s unique battle cry, as well as being a great way to *pop* Piggies, from their positions.
And then from the Piggy’s side – it’s a take on the standard-looking small to medium "Minion" pig.
Got your pencil?
Learn How to Draw Angry Birds – ‘Red Bird’ and ‘Minion Pig’
First thing about this lesson – it’s meant to be a ‘homage’ to the actual characters in the game.
So yes, while these designs certainly *look close* to the originals…
They’re actually different, a slightly unique twist – helping to encourage some creativity, along the way.
Now – down to the basic shapes, drawing both characters at the same time…
It all begins with two circles, like so…
Simple so far, right!?
Those green circles above, help to mark off the main distinguishing features, between the two characters.
Red Bird, of course – having a beak, one that can be based around a circle. And Minion Pig, having a snout – based around an oval.
On to the lines now, fading out the frameworks – begin to draw these two Angry Birds characters – and yes, please use these steps, to help you with ideas as you progress…
The beginning of a beak (left), and snout (right) – already, we get a feel for how the drawings will come to be.
Have a peek up top if you like, so you can see where these starting points – fit in, to the bigger picture.
Notice – what we drew last, is now grey.
And what we’re drawing now – is black.
Bring areas of your Angry Birds characters into view – beak, eyebrows, etc. – and then, it’s on to the next step…
There they are!
Nice how the eyes (windows to the soul) – really help to cement that look and feel, for a particular character.
It’s getting easier to see – these guys are both from the hit game, Angry Birds.
Continuing onward – you can see how I’m attempting to develop each character, slightly differently, given that yes – their physical features, call for different line strokes, at different times.
There’s a bit more going on with Minion Pig’s face, for example. So more time is needed to bring the mouth area into view.
Yet with Red Bird, the face is completed a bit sooner. His beak is closed, and it just takes a few tries – to get the lines composing his beak – "just right".
Moving along – our Angry Birds characters, just about complete now – go ahead and sketch in the core of each, drawing out the perimeter of their bodies – using the circle guideline to help you progress.
Notice how Minion Pig’s body, appears flatter at the bottom?
Well, just a few more details – feathers, eyebrows, teeth, etc. – and our characters are ready for some color…
As well as some further touching up.
Here they are – black lines only…
And then colored – nice!…
And then, with one more tweak – a black line (two strokes on the computer – one white, followed by one black)…
And we’ve got two worthy characters, ready for battle in one of the best selling games, the world has ever seen!
So, how did you like this lesson? Hope you loved it. 🙂
See you real soon for another!
Click here to return from Angry Birds to Cartoon Characters
Click here to return to Home
How to draw Red Bird from Angry Bird
You can print out the base construction lines and start drawing on tracing paper or you can draw the grid layout yourself using the following steps… Show more
1) Draw a rectangle that will define the conditional proportions and boundaries of the chosen drawing.
2) From the middle of the rectangle, draw one vertical and one horizontal line equally dividing the shape.
3) Draw another horizontal line equally dividing the upper half of the rectangle. Similarly, draw a horizontal line equally dividing the bottom half of the rectangle.
4) Draw a vertical line equally dividing the left half of the rectangle. Similarly, draw a vertical line equally dividing the right half of the rectangle.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Draw an oval for the basic shape of the head. Draw a line, which will serve as the center of the angry bird.
Draw some additional lines to show the shape of the bird’s head and its beak.
Outline the shape of the beak, eyebrows and feathers on the head.
Add some new lines to indicate the shape of the beak and eyebrows.
Delineate the eyes and tail of the red bird. Show with a new line that the beak is slightly open.
Outline the shape of the eyes and the bird’s belly.
Contour, trying to vary the thickness and blackness of the line. Add some extra details to the red bird’s environment, such as clouds and grass. Erase all guidelines.
Bird cartoon drawing angry
.How To Draw A Minion Pig From Angry Birds
You will also like:
- Candle clipart
- Halo master chief
- 2b2t shops
- Nike ankle socks
- Artists opportunities 2020
- Stabila 32 level
- Rough wood shelf
- Daikin supply house